Tuesday, August 7, 2012

August's Currently... & The Buddy Walk!

OK...... So I TOTALLY feel out of the blogging loop... I haven't been able to look at all my wonderful blogging friends' ideas or funny comments! I have been so busy with back to school trainings... decorating... trainings.... decorating.... you get the drift.

It is offically (7 days ago) August! Which means it is time for a new Currently! I am linking up with my friend Farley at Oh' Boy 4th Grade who does a wonderful Currently with her cute 'stash :)


Here is mine:

ON to my Buddy Walk, something that is near and dear to my heart. You may be asking, what is a Buddy Walk? Well, it is a national event that celebrates the lives of individuals with Down Syndrome, one being my son, Gage. I am a HUGE advocate for the acceptance and inclusion of people with disabilities, not just Down Syndrome. October is national Down Syndrome awareness month and this is usually when you will hear about such events like the Buddy Walk. You can find out more about it at www.buddywalk.org
This is my son's fundraising page for our local chapter of the Buddy Walk http://www.ezeventsolutions.com/fr/DSSW/2012BuddyWalk/TheGaginators
I encourage you to find a local chapter and join a walk in October, support a great cause and an incredible group of people! 
If I weren't in such a rush this morning, I would write plenty more :) (maybe lucky for you)
Have a blessed day!




2 comments:

  1. Amy-
    I just found your blog through Farley's Currently linky and I am your newest follower! I can't believe you guys are already starting school. Although we start in a few weeks. I am so not ready!! I am looping up to 5th with my 4th graders from last year . I actually went to work in my classroom yesterday (and probably will again today)....still in denial. Have a great day and thanks for the info on the Buddy Walk. Sounds like something my family and I would love to get involved with.

    Patti
    http://talesfroma4thand5thgradeteacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome, it is a wonderful cause to get into! I love 5th graders, which is actually where I did my student teaching and first 6 months of teaching (long term subbing). I have moved up this year as well to 6th grade and have some of my same students from last year.
      ~Amy

      Delete