Thursday, July 19, 2012

Psalm 139:14

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."

Something I struggle with, daily. Am I really? I suppose but, in a world so devoted to beauty and perfection, it really makes you question yourself.

As the school year quickly approaches I have decided I need to get some things in line before it is too late and I am too busy. I have began a journey, again, to get myself healthy. It is a trying process. First the cravings, then my body begins to eat itself because it is ALWAYS hungry, finally I have to deal with my family who are not on such a health kick. While I prepare their meals and watch them eat with such voraciousness and here I am with a plate of rabbit food... yay me. 

The hardest part is trying to get motivated enough to want to exercise. I can eat healthy all day long but don't see the results unless I actually do the work. Once I get on a routine, it isn't bad. Just getting there is the problem. And I know once school starts it will be even harder to get into a routine if I haven't started it.

I've decided I do not need to be super skinny or macho woman, I just need to be healthy, fit. My desire for food is unhealthy and keeps me from being the godly woman I was made to be. I was fearfully and wonderfully made, I know He created me for wonderful things and I plan to be here for them.






2 comments:

  1. This has got to be my most favorite post from a teacher blogger...It is so honest and open and I am blessed to have read it...That is a scripture that I hear ALL the time but I just haven't been able to get it in my spirit to where I live out what God created me to be and do...I can tell that you have a beautiful spirit and that is the reason why you are a teacher and God trusts you with his most precious! Keep believeing that scripture and keep trusting in God, Amy, you CAN MAKE IT! Read Daniel 1...Daniel only ate "Rabbit Food" for 10 days when the King wanted him to eat other things...He stuck to what God put on his heart and the bible says that he and his friends were given great "knowledge and skill in all learning and wisdom"...they even looked and felt better too...Just some encouragement, you just inspired me to do the same in my becoming healthy journey as well. Please excuse the super long comment :)

    Happy Blogging and God Bless,
    Charell
    Miss Milton's Memoirs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charell,
      Thank you so much for the encouraging words! What a blessing you are! I know exactly what diet you are referring to. It is called the Daniel Fast. I did it at the end of last school year. It was tough, but I felt so refreshed and healthy. I also felt my relationship with God grow tremendously. If you haven't tried it, I encourage you to do so, when the timing is right, it is difficult but uplifting at the same time! :)
      ~Amy

      Delete